Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family really liked this chicken and it was so easy to make. When I made it I did not use 5 pounds of chicken I used about 2 1/2 pounds. I got this recipe from Everyday Health.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen fat-free liquid egg product, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 lbs chicken breast halves or 5 lbs chicken thighs or 5 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease two large shallow baking pans; set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg product mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces don’t touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. (Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.) If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano.
This was a very delicious recipe! I used Garlic and Herb dry breadcrumbs, as this was what I had on hand. Didn't change anything else. Had this chicken with a 7 layered salad that was left over from one of our friends who brought it to share yesterday at our party. Made for a delicious meal! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Not enough stars for this one! Really loved the flavors and the tenderness of the chicken.. Made for CameraLess Chefs.