Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in the Ohio Cookin' Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Combine the cheese, flour and seasonings together.
- Dip the chicken in the egg/milk mixture.
- Coat the chicken with the cheese mixture.
- Place the coated chicken in a baking dish and then pour the melted butter over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I substituted Italian flavored Panko crumbs for the flour and it turned out great. Used the same recipe for oven fried pork chops. Just turn up the oven temperature to 400 during last 5 minutes to make the chicken or pork chops crispy.
Made this with 4 large chicken breasts & that made a perfect supper for 3 of us! I really appreciated the simple seasoning & prep time! This will be a nice addition to my chicken recipes! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
Quick and easy :) loved it. Just what I was looking for -Thanks for sharing!