Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter version of the onion ring!
- nonstick spray coating
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 medium maui onions, sliced (sliced 1/4 inch thick and separated into rings)
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray coating.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the bread crumbs, butter, salt and red pepper.
- Spread crumb mixture on a sheet of wax paper.
- Using a fork, dip the onion rings in the egg whites, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the coated onion rings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes or until the onions are tender and the coating is crisp and golden.