Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Calorie Commando on Food Network
Make and share this Oven Fried Okra recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 lb okra, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Pour egg substitute into a medium bowl. Add okra and toss to combine.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine both types of bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Shake to combine well.
- Add okra and egg substitute mixture to the bag and shake until coated.
- Place a wire rack in top of a cookie sheet. Arrange okra on rack and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.