Recipe by Chef Regina V. Smith
This recipe is from the Edith Adams column in the Vancouver Sun. Hot or cold, fried chicken goes will with a zippy potato salad.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
This chicken is crispy, flavorful, simply marvelous. And that's despite the fact that I skinned the chicken pieces; the crust adhered beautifully evenso. Perhaps this could bring the somewhat excessive calorie count down a bit. What I don't get is why the sodium count is so high when there's no added salt. Thanks Chef Regina for an any-season winner!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow dish combine melted butter with garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, basil, paprika and parsley in a plastic bag.
- Dip the chicken pieces in he butter mixture, and then shake well in the crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a large shallow baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining butter mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 45 minutes or until done, basting occasionally.