Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this chicken because you don't have to fry it. It's cooked in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 375F/180C/Gas mark 4.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar.
- Pour bread crumbs into separated bowl. Set bowl aside.
- Spread oil over foil-lined baking pan large enough to hold all chicken pieces in one layer.
- Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in the bread crumbs.
- Place in baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked throughly.
Sorry but this did not work for us at all but that was partly my fault. The breasts I used were 270g each (about 9 ounces) so allowed 50 minutes to cook them and they were perfect at that point but the coating was not at all crispy so gave a light spray with oil and put them under the grill/boiler were they crisped up but ended up extremely dry and tough. Would try again and give a spray of oil at the beginning or maybe give them a light fry first and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking. Thank you and sorry I botched it upAilsa of New Zealand, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
Great chicken recipe. I had to increase the amounts a bit, due to the fact I had 3 breasts in my package. I used Panko, as i like the crumb better. The only thing I wasn't fond of was, the coating under the chicken was a tad soggy. However, that wouldn't deter me from making this again. Delicious! :)
GREAT!!!!! next time more honey+vinigar