Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
from the Brown's Chapel Baptist Church cookbook
Make and share this Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium size green tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper. dip tomato slices in cornmeal mixture. place tomatoes on baking sheet that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray. bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until golden brown. serve immediately.
Not nearly as good as the oil fried variety. I think that perhaps a couple minutes under the broiler might have helped. I also dont think the Parmesan added anything to it and would leave them off if I were to make it again.