1/3 Photos of Oven Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was one of our family favorites when I was a kid. My mom clipped it from a magazine in the early 60's. I reduced the salt and the fat significantly - they used way too much then, in my opinion. Enjoyed in the Midwestern U.S. region at many church potlucks. (I attended quite a few personally!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken and dry.
- 2Combine flour, rosemary, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- 3Turn into a large bag.
- 4Place all the chicken at once into the bag with the flour mix.
- 5Shake until all pieces are coated well.
- 6Melt shortening (or heat oil) in a 13X9X2 baking pan in a 400 preheated oven.
- 7Arrange chicken in the hot fat in the pan, skin side down.
- 8Bake 30 minutes or until the underside is golden brown.
- 9Turn chicken and bake another 30- 40 minutes until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.4
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 213.4 mg
- Sodium 781.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 55.4 g