Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These certainly don't taste as sinful as deep frying the fries, but it is an almost guilt-free alternative that tastes really good.
- 1 bag of your favorite frozen French fries (I like steak fries of the new "fast food fries")
- nonstick cooking spray (preferable the olive oil stuff)
- chili powder
- Place fries in a plastic bag and spray thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Shake for a minute or so to distribute the oil.
- Place on baking sheet (I find a baking stone works best) and sprinkle lightly with chili powder, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake at 400 until slightly brown and sizzling.
- Serve immediately.
These were very good and simple to make! I used a baking stone and they turned out nice and crisp! Thanks for sharing!
For an oven frie, this was very good. I had a problem making sure all the fries were coated with the spray though. I think next time I'll spray them on a pan or in a container. I used the chili powder and it had quite a kick. I also broiled them for a couple minutes at the end to try to crisp them up some. Thanks for posting - I will be making these again. Made for I Recommend Tag Game
Made these the other night, they were fast, easy and flavorful. I will use this method from now all, sure beats standing by the fryer all night. Thanks for posting.