Recipe by Penny Stettinius
The original recipe comes from Rosie Daly, who was once the personal chef to Oprah. The flavor comes from your favorite spice blend, ours is Emeril's Creole Seasoning. Your kids will really enjoy this healthy alternative to deep fried fries! They are very tasty with honey mustard for dipping. And as a different taste, try mixing up the baking potatoes with some sweet potatoes!
- 5 large baking potatoes
- light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each potato lengthwise into 1/4" ovals, then slice each oval lengthwise into matchsticks.
- Coat a baking sheet with 3 sprays of the vegetable oil spray.
- Combine the egg whites and Cajun spices in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes and mix to coat.
- Pour the coated potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer, leaving a little space between.
- Place the baking sheet on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the fries are crispy, turning them every 6-8 minutes with a spatula so they brown evenly.
- Serve immediately.