Prep 1 hr 28 mins
Cook 12 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Womans World, 6/01/09. Calls for Newman's "Lighten Up! Light Lime Vinaigrette". Flaxseed is unbelievably good for women, in particular, with "good" fat and fiber, linked with reduction in cholesterol and cancer risk; however, flaxseed is perishable and should be stored in the refrigerator -- buy the best available. This recipe has lots of good tasting good-for-you ingredients, enjoy!
- 177.44 ml light lime vinaigrette dressing
- 73.94 ml fresh cilantro, chopped (divided 1 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp, with additional cilantro used in breading)
- 2.46 ml dry southwest seasoning
MEAT AND BREADING
- 907.18 g turkey cutlets (8 4-oz. cutlets)
- 177.44 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml ground flax seeds
- 4.92 ml dry southwest seasoning
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
BLACK BEAN SALSA
- 439.41 g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 scallions, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, chopped (optional)
- 8-16 lime wedges (optional)
- PREPARE VINAIGRETTE:.
- Combine vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon dry Southwest seasoning.
- Transfer 1/4 cup vinaigrette mixture to large bowl (for salsa); stir in 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and reserve.
- Transfer remaining vinaigrette mixture to a large self-seal food storage bag. Add turkey cutlets, turning to coat.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- PREPARE TURKEY:.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove cutlets from bag. Discard marinade.
- In shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, ground flaxseed, and 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Dip cutlets into crumb mixture, coating evenly, and arrange on pan.
- Coat cutlets with cooking spray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- PREPARE BLACK BEAN SALSA:.
- Meanwhile, to reserved vinaigrette mixture in large bowl, add beans, scallions, tomatoes, mango and avocado (if using). Toss.
- Serve with cutlets. Garnish with lime wedges.
Dee-lish! I'm going to start using ground flax more often, and also turkey instead of chicken breasts. I had everything made in advance so an impressive dinner was ready in 15 minutes. It would be even better with diced avocado; I didn't see it on the ingredient list, only the directions. By the way, Newman's Lighten Up! Lime is my favorite bottled salad dressing...yum!