Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my collection of handwritten recipes.
Make and share this Oven-Fried Fish W/ Orange Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon .dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 finely grated large orange, zest of
- 4 (10 -12 ounce) pan dressed trout
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 large orange, juice of
- Preheat oven to 500*. Place a wire rack, large enough to hold all the fish without overlapping them, on a baking sheet. Lightly oil the rack. Whisk together the egg and dijon mustard until evenly combined. In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, brown sugar, parsley, thyme, rosemary, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Add orange zest and stir to combine. Coat fish on both sides with crumb mixture and place on rack. Bake 10-12 minutes, until the crumb mixture is golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Make the sauce; In a small saucepan, mix milk, and cornstarch to a smooth paste; add coarse grained mustard and orange juice. Whisk over heat until thickened. Serve over fish at the table.