1/1 Photo of Oven-fried Fish
Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe came from BHG.com. It gives the fish a nice crunchy topping without being dried out. I also like to spritz lemon juice across the fillets the instant they come out of the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500.
- 2Let fish thaw if it's frozen.
- 3After thawing, rinse and pat dry.
- 4Spray baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 5Mix together bread crumbs, cornmeal and lemon pepper.
- 6Add the oil, tossing mixture to combine.
- 7Dip ONE side of fish fillet into the beaten egg white, then dredge through the bread crumb mixture (just the one side).
- 8Place fish, coating side up, on the baking pan.
- 9Bake, uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2 inch thickness of fish, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-fried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 199.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 28.0 g