Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fish is excellent. I'm originally from NH, now living in KY, and the butter and lemon juice with the breadcrumbs made me long for a Maine lobster!
- 1 lb fish (thick fish works best, cod, haddock, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Dip fish in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Place in a shallow, well-greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Drizzle the melted butter, mixed with lemon juice, over the fish.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes.
This was really quick and easy, and gave the fish a nice light feelling. I used it with salmon and we both liked it, although the BF thought it could use a little more flavour. I'll definitely make this again and maybe just add some herbs for effect. Thanks!
Excellent!! Will definately be making this again. Thanks for a great recipe that's easy to make too!
Just great. I used fillet of sole and dipped them first into matzo meal, then egg, then bread crumbs. Felt a little guilty about using the butter, but it was so good!