Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's favorite way to eat eggplant. Good side dish for almost any meat.
Make and share this Oven-Fried Eggplant Slices recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place parchment paper on baking pan.
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Spread thin layer of mayonnaise on one side, then press into bread crumbs.
- Repeat for other side of eggplant round and for all other slices.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (or until golden brown) each side.
These turned out nice and crispy on the outside, and creamy and delicious on the inside. I made exactly as posted, with no added seasoning. (I did use italian seasoned bread crumbs!). I'd definitely add some salt and pepper next time....maybe a bit of garlic. Easy to make and a great addition to any meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC 2013.