1/1 Photo of Oven-Fried Eggplant Cutlets
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is the only way my family likes eggplant...even the grandkids like it, and that's a miracle! I suggest adding different types of cheeses to the breading if you like because the cheese gives a lot of flavor and crispiness.Shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese also works well. I also usually double the recipe for a large eggplant.The amount of garlic is also a personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to very hot (450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- 2Spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray or wipe lightly with cooking oil.
- 3Blend mayonnaise, water, lemon juice, and garlic in a shallow dish.
- 4Combine cheese and breadcrumbs in another dish.
- 5Trim and discard ends of eggplant.
- 6Cut the eggplant horizontally into 3/4 inch slices.
- 7Dip each slice into the mayo mixture to coat both sides.
- 8Press both sides into the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere the breading.
- 9Arrange each crumb coated slice on the baking sheet.
- 10Place the pan on the bottom shelf of the oven; bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 11Turn slices with a spatula and bake another 5 minutes (or more if needed) until the coating is crisp and the eggplant slices are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Eggplant Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 250.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g