Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Best drumsticks ever! Great for dinnertime in half an hour.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 450°F Pour the vegetable oil evenly over the bottom of a 15- x 10- x 1-inch baking pan.
- Combine the baking mix, paprika, Creole seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour into a paper bag.
- Add the chicken drumsticks, a few at a time, to the bag. Shake the bag to coat drumsticks. Arrange on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the chicken, turning once, until juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
This was really, really good! I wanted some fried chicken, but didn't want to stand over the stove. Didn't have baking mix, just used seasoned (seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika) flour. I also didn't use Italian Seasoning. Hesitant to try recipe initially, due to only 1 review, but glad I did! Used legs and thighs and it was delicious!!! Thanks for posting this one. It's a keeper.
These turned out great! Made exactly as written and the only change needed was to add a bit of salt but that depends on the creole seasoning you are using, so be careful of that. Made for My 3 Chefs 2013, thanks for the recipe!