Recipe by Marz
These drumsticks are coated with panko crumbs, and it gives it a nice crunch. The removal of the skin and the method of cooking (baking) reduces the messy deep-frying and the fat! Published in Woman's Day (May 2008)
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 2 cups plain panko breadcrumbs (such as Progresso)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/4 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 475ºF. You'll need a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and coated with nonstick spray.
- Slightly beat egg whites and mustard with a fork in a pie plate. Mix crumbs, ginger and garlic powder on a large sheet of wax paper until blended.
- Roll drumsticks in egg white mixture; shake to remove excess. Roll in crumbs, then place on prepared pan. Coat chicken with nonstick spray. Bake 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is browned.