1/3 Photos of Oven-Fried Cornflake Chicken
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Another treasure from my dietitian. This chicken is the Wednesday night meal at the hospital. It is really good. Now, go ahead and snirl up your nose and say, "ewww...hospital food" but I'm telling you, folks...my hospital has good food. Their roast beef Manhattan is KILLER, but Cathy won't give me the recipe for that, it's her Mom's. But this is always good, never dry, and I like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place the cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish. In a bowl, combine the melted margarine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Use a fork to beat the mixture together.
- 3Dip the chicken into the lemon-margarine mixture and then into the crumbs.
- 4Place the coated pieces on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Arrange them so they don't touch each other if possible.
- 5Bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Cornflake Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 570.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 25.8 g