This is very easy to prepare and makes the most delicious, crispy fried chicken. Courtesy of Womans World
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Coat jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
- Pour buttermilk into bowl.
- In separate bowl combine dry muffin mix and next 6 ingredients.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on pan and spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes.
This is sooo good! Tastes and looks deep fried, really tender and juicy!
This is fantastic chicken. We LOVED the corn bread flavor of the coating. I followed the recipe exactly except that I placed the chicken pieces in a zip-loc bag, poured the buttermilk over them and let them sit in the fridge all day to really soak up the buttermilk. It was a snap to mix the rest of the ingredients, coat the chicken and bake. The cooking time was exact for tender, juicy chicken, crispy on the outside. I'm going to try this method with boneless, skinless breasts next time. Thanks so much for posting this recipe Pat!
This was terrific. It served 6 people very well. I used sage instead of cilantro and used thighs only. It had a nice tasty crunch. Would be great cold as well. Possibly for a picnic. Thanks Boca Pat