Recipe by *Asha*
I love curry dishes and any recipe that has coconut as an ingredient. This recipe looks very tasty. Prep does NOT include 1 1/2 hours it takes to marinate the chicken.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients in a large plastic bag, add chicken, and seal well. Marinate in your fridge for about 11/2 hours turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine breadcrumbs, flaked coconut, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from the bag and discard the leftover marinade. Dredge chicken in the panko mixture.
- Spray nonstick baking sheet with a cooking spray, place chicken on the sheet and spray it lightly with the cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken pieces over and bake for 30 more minutes or until done.