1/1 Photo of Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
I love curry dishes and any recipe that has coconut as an ingredient. This recipe looks very tasty. Prep does NOT include 1 1/2 hours it takes to marinate the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1Combine first three ingredients in a large plastic bag, add chicken, and seal well. Marinate in your fridge for about 11/2 hours turning the bag occasionally.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs, flaked coconut, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from the bag and discard the leftover marinade. Dredge chicken in the panko mixture.
- 4Spray nonstick baking sheet with a cooking spray, place chicken on the sheet and spray it lightly with the cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken pieces over and bake for 30 more minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Coconut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.0
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 188.5 mg
- Sodium 744.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk