Recipe by Geema
I really love the smokey flavor of anything with chipotle chilies. I even sprinkle the powdered variety on my grits!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
A lovely crispy, spicy coated chicken dish. The only thing I did different was that I cooked the chicke on a lower temerature, 350F, I did not turn it over but it came out beautiful!
- 3 whole canned chipotle chiles in adobo (available at Mexican and Hispanic markets) or 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 lbs chicken parts (breast, legs, etc.)
- 2 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs or 2 1⁄4 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor blend together the chipotles, the mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste until the mixture is smooth.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in one layer on a baking pan and coat them completely with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill the chicken, covered, for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a large bowl combine the panko or tortilla crumbs, the cayenne, salt and pepper to taste and coat each piece of chicken with the bread crumb mixture, patting the mixture on lightly.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the lightly oiled racks of 2 roasting pans and bake them in a preheated 425°F.
- oven, turning them once carefully, for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 375°F.
- and bake the chicken for 10 to 20 minutes more, or until it is cooked through.