I came up with this recipe not too long ago, and I just love it. Every time I've made it, I've used a different seasoning mix -- which is why I've called it "Your Way". I recommend serving it with roasted potatoes (get them in the oven before you even start breading the chicken) -- toss raw potato chunks with olive oil, kosher salt and the same spice blend you use with the chicken (roast for about 45 minutes). Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe is called Your Way because you can use any spice blend you want for seasoning; McCormicks Greek Seasoning is excellent, as is Emeril's Essence; make your own up if you want.
- 2In a flat dish like a pie plate, combine buttermilk and spice blend.
- 3Or, if making this up early in the day, combine in a large ziploc bag instead, so chicken can marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- 4Combine breadcrumbs, salt and parmesan in another flat dish; set aside if you want chicken to marinate in fridge for a few hours.
- 5Cut chicken breasts into large chunks.
- 6If you are making this up early in the day, place chicken pieces into the ziploc bag along with the buttermilk mixture and close bag tightly; make sure all pieces of chicken are coated with buttermilk mixture; let sit in fridge until ready to coat.
- 7If you don't have time for this, just dip chicken chunks into buttermilk mixture, making sure pieces are thoroughly coated.
- 8Preheat oven to 400F; have ready a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- 9After chicken is coated with buttermilk mixture, dredge in breadcrumb mixture thoroughly, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- 10Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken Your Way
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 35.6 g