I came up with this recipe not too long ago, and I just love it. Every time I've made it, I've used a different seasoning mix -- which is why I've called it "Your Way". I recommend serving it with roasted potatoes (get them in the oven before you even start breading the chicken) -- toss raw potato chunks with olive oil, kosher salt and the same spice blend you use with the chicken (roast for about 45 minutes). Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe is called Your Way because you can use any spice blend you want for seasoning; McCormicks Greek Seasoning is excellent, as is Emeril's Essence; make your own up if you want.
- 2In a flat dish like a pie plate, combine buttermilk and spice blend.
- 3Or, if making this up early in the day, combine in a large ziploc bag instead, so chicken can marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- 4Combine breadcrumbs, salt and parmesan in another flat dish; set aside if you want chicken to marinate in fridge for a few hours.
- 5Cut chicken breasts into large chunks.
- 6If you are making this up early in the day, place chicken pieces into the ziploc bag along with the buttermilk mixture and close bag tightly; make sure all pieces of chicken are coated with buttermilk mixture; let sit in fridge until ready to coat.
- 7If you don't have time for this, just dip chicken chunks into buttermilk mixture, making sure pieces are thoroughly coated.
- 8Preheat oven to 400F; have ready a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- 9After chicken is coated with buttermilk mixture, dredge in breadcrumb mixture thoroughly, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- 10Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken Your Way
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 35.6 g