8 points plus/serving. Recipe source: WW magazine. When I made this I skipped the gravy.
Make and share this Oven Fried Chicken (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking pan with foil and then paced a wire cooling rack on pan; spray rack with Pam.
- In three pie dishes, place 1/2 cup flour in the first one, in the second the egg whites and in the third place the cornflakes crumbs (I just crushed my own cornflakes with a rolling pin -- so they were probably not as fine crumbs as the packaged crumbs).
- Put chicken in a large bowl, sprinkled with salt and cayenne. Ad buttermilk, turn to coat.
- Dip chicken into the flour, then the egg whites and finally into the cornflakes; pressing to adhere. Repeat for all the chicken.
- Place chicken on rack and spray wiht Pam. Bake until golden (45 -60 minutes).
- Meanwhile make gravy (this is what I skipped and deducted one point from serving). by melting butter in saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons flour; cook , whisking for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth, cook, until gravy comes to a boil and thickens, (2-5 minutes). Stir in sage and pepper.