1/5 Photos of Oven Fried Chicken (Ww)
8 points plus/serving. Recipe source: WW magazine. When I made this I skipped the gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line baking pan with foil and then paced a wire cooling rack on pan; spray rack with Pam.
- 3In three pie dishes, place 1/2 cup flour in the first one, in the second the egg whites and in the third place the cornflakes crumbs (I just crushed my own cornflakes with a rolling pin -- so they were probably not as fine crumbs as the packaged crumbs).
- 4Put chicken in a large bowl, sprinkled with salt and cayenne. Ad buttermilk, turn to coat.
- 5Dip chicken into the flour, then the egg whites and finally into the cornflakes; pressing to adhere. Repeat for all the chicken.
- 6Place chicken on rack and spray wiht Pam. Bake until golden (45 -60 minutes).
- 7Meanwhile make gravy (this is what I skipped and deducted one point from serving). by melting butter in saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons flour; cook , whisking for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth, cook, until gravy comes to a boil and thickens, (2-5 minutes). Stir in sage and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: