Recipe by Mom of Five
This came from a lady in our church and is soooo fantastic! I double the sauce as it is so delicious I want to make sure there is enough to go around!
Top Review by vrvrvr
Yummy, yummy! Made this with a pound of boneless chicken breasts, cut in small halves. I reduced the flour/paprika/salt (just threw a little less in a plastic bag and shook the chicken pieces to coat.) Also used less butter - melted about 3 T. in a Pyrex dish. For the sauce, I used 2 T. of each component: butter, honey, lemon juice. I heated them together in a small saucepan until warm and syrupy. I baked the chicken uncovered. Everyone loved it! Thanks.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut up
Honey Butter sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- combine the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Melt the butter and pour into a 9x13 baking pan and add pieces of floured chicken in a single layer, turning chicken to coat with butter.
- Bake skin side down for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking make sauce.
- Turn chicken and pour sauce over chicken pieces and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken and serve.
- For the Honey Butter Sauce: In a small pan melt the butter while beating in the honey and lemon juice.
- Pour over the chicken pieces.