Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another wonderful Joy of Cooking recipe. Very good reduced fat fried chicken!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Position rack in upper 1/3 of oven.
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Remove chicken skin, if desired.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- Combine corn flakes, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with corn flake mixture, patting with fingers to make the crumbs stick (you can do up to this step about 3 hours in advance and keep uncovered in fridge).
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on the greased cookie sheet.
- At this point you can drizzle 2-3 tablespoons melted butter over the chicken, if you would like.
- Bake until the chicken is golden and crisp, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I subbed half the corn flake crumbs with grated parmesan. Our skin thighs worked well for this dish. Great crunch and we really enjoyed it.
I added Lawrys seasoning salt to the crumbs, it was the best
chicken we have had in a while. Will do this for company next
Wonderful recipe. Even my father who doesn't like chicken liked it. I used boneless skinless chicken and it worked well. I think I would use a little garlic powder next time.