1/1 Photo of Oven Fried Chicken With Corn Flakes
1 hr 15 mins
Another wonderful Joy of Cooking recipe. Very good reduced fat fried chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in upper 1/3 of oven.
- 2Preheat to 350°F.
- 3Remove chicken skin, if desired.
- 4Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- 5Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 6season with salt and black pepper.
- 7Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- 8Combine corn flakes, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 9Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with corn flake mixture, patting with fingers to make the crumbs stick (you can do up to this step about 3 hours in advance and keep uncovered in fridge).
- 10Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on the greased cookie sheet.
- 11At this point you can drizzle 2-3 tablespoons melted butter over the chicken, if you would like.
- 12Bake until the chicken is golden and crisp, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken With Corn Flakes
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 997.8
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 418.7 mg
- Sodium 1670.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 100.5 g