Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe from Strictly Thrifty.
Make and share this Oven-Fried Chicken With Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425*.
- Melt shortening and butter in oven in oblong pan, 13x9x2".
- Blend 1/2 cup baking mix, salt, paprika,and pepper; coat chicken pieces.
- Place chicken skin side down in shortening mixture.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes.
- Insert a clove in each peach.
- Stir 2 cups baking mix and the water to a soft dough.
- Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured cloth-covered board.
- Knead 5 times then roll dough 1/2" thick.
- Cut with floured 2" cutter.
- Turn chicken, pushing pieces to one side of pan. Spoon excess fat from pan.
- Place biscuits in single layer next to chicken.
- Arrange peach halves on top of chicken.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until biscuits are light brown and chicken is tender.
- Serve with Green Peas & Onions, Spinach Salad and Chocolate Sundaes.