Recipe by newchef 1
This is a Weight Watchers recipe. 6 pts./serving. Serving size: 3 tenders. This is easy to make, tasty, and very popular with my kids. I use regular milk instead of buttermilk, just because I always have it.
Top Review by LainieBug
This is a great way to prepare chicken tenders. I loved the cracker coating and the bite from the creole seasoning (I used recipe #45369). I did refrigerate the leftovers and the coating was "soft" the next day, so I would recommend only fixing what you are going to eat right away.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat cheese crackers, crushed (such as reduced-fat Cheese Nips)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Place crackers, Creole seasoning, and salt in a heavy-duty zip-top bag. Crush crackers with a rolling pin or heel of hand.
- Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk. Add chicken to bag, close, and shake to coat well.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour oil in center of baking sheet; heat oil at 450 for 3 minutes. Remove oven from pan, reduce heat to 400. Spread hot oil with a spatula over an area just large enough to accommodate chicken. Quickly place chicken in oil on pan.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, turn, and bake and additional 3 minutes or until done.