Recipe by the-cat-did-it
Trim and Terrific American Favorites, page 84
Top Review by helowy
I made this for PAC Spring 2008, and I'm going to rate it w/o stars b/c I messed up. I followed the recipe pretty exactly, only I was pressed for time, so after I dunked the chicken in the buttermilk, I dumped the chicken and coating in a plastic bag and shook well, like in shake and bake. Well, this coated the chicken so well that when I baked it, anything that didn't get hit by the margarine had a powdery coating on it. The chicken baked up juicy and tender and where the coating crisped, it was tasty. A solid 4* recipe even with my goof, so I'm planning on trying this again.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Combine pancake mix, pepper, salt, paprika into a shallow bowl.
- Dunk the chicken into the buttermilk and roll into dry misture.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place coated chicken on sheet.
- Drizzle melted margarine over the chicken.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes until lightly browned.