Recipe by cookee monster
I got this recipe from the Hillbilly Housewife web site a number of years ago. It's one of my favorite chicken recipes and it's great for feeding a large number of people. You can make the seasoned flour ahead of time and store it until you are ready to use. You can also coat the chicken on the day you want to make it and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake. Her orginal recipe calls for poultry seasoning but I use Mrs. Dash Table Blend. Mrs. Dash is a salt free seasoning and comes in a number of flavor combinations. The Hillbilly Housewife says to cut the fat use cooking spray on the chicken in place of the butter but I've never tried it. Let me know if you do and how you like it.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs, and or
- skinless chicken drumsticks, bone in
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika and Mrs. Dash or poultry seasoning in a bag or bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and place on a oiled 9x13 pan.
- Cut the cold butter and place on chicken pieces. I try to have at least 2 pieces on each chicken part. Add more butter if your pieces are really big.
- Bake at 400 degrees for one hour. You can turn the chicken half way thru but I never do.