Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You won't believe how good these are. I have used them as a weeknight dinner or even for a New Year's Eve party. They are fantastic! Just don't forget to spray them good with cooking spray before cooking.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line jelly roll pan with foil. Trim fat from chicken. Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces.
- Place cornflakes, flour, paprika, salt and pepper in blender. Cover and blend on medium speed until cornflakes are reduced to crumbs. Pour into a bowl.
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a plastic bag with a zipper top; seal and refrigerate 5 minutes, turning once.
- Dip chicken into cornflake mixture to coat. Place in pan. Spray chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until crisp and chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This is a great recipe! I have been trying to find a good oven baked nugget recipe for a while. I love the simplicity of this. Even my husband was very happy. Thanks for a keeper!
Easy with good results. Seems hard to mess this one up. Not exactly popping with flavor, but kids don't need it to be. Thanks to other review about spraying the foil, I used tons of spray there and on top of the chicken nuggets. No sticking problems.
very good, super easy. will make again. left out paprika. thanks.