1/4 Photos of Oven Fried Chicken Monterey
1 hr 5 mins
Chicken, cheese... olives! What's not to like!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 16 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup flour and taco mix.
- 3Shake the chicken pieces in this.
- 4Melt butter in a 15½ X 10½ X 2 inch pan.
- 5Place chicken pieces in pan, turning to coat in butter.
- 6Remove pieces from pan and then coat in the tortilla chip crumbs.
- 7Return to pan.
- 8Bake at 375*F for 50 minutes.
- 9Make a cheese sauce by sauteeing onion in the oil.
- 10Stir in the flour, 1/4 tsp salt.
- 11Add milk and pepper sauce.
- 12Cook and stir until thick.
- 13Cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 14Add the cheese, olives and lemon juice.
- 15Stir to melt cheese.
- 16To serve place chicken on lettuce lined dish.
- 17Spoon some cheese sauce over.
- 18Pass remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken Monterey
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.7
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 199.1 mg
- Sodium 352.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix