1/1 Photo of Oven Fried Chicken - Martha Stewart Living
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A deliciously crisp and moist oven fried chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for brushing
- 1Mix eggs, Tabasco, onion, and garlic in a large bowl or baking dish. Add chicken and toss well too coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 450°F Place a rimmed baking sheet on center rack.
- 3Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and roll each piece in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Discard marinade.
- 4Place chicken on preheated baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Lightly brush top of each piece with oil and bake, brushing tops every 10 minutes until chicken is dark golden brown (30 - 40 minutes more).
- 5Transfer chicken to a wire rack and allow to cool slightly. Serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken - Martha Stewart Living
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 974.9
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 383.3 mg
- Sodium 787.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 64.2 g