Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of several recipes given to me by a dietician for my diabetes.
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 skinless chicken legs (drumstick plus thigh)
- Heat oven to 375*F. In a small cup or bowl, combine egg white and milk. Combine cereal, cornmeal, and seasonings in a small zippered plastic bag.
- Dip chicken legs into egg white and milk, then drop into plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Bake chicken legs in nonstick baking dish for 25 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until done.
- For an extra-crispy version, use cracker crumbs instead of cereal. This coating is great on fish, too.
Tasty! I couldn't get chicken legs except in an *enormous* package so I used 4 bone-in chicken thighs instead (skin removed). The only thing I would add next time is a little salt to the coating. Thanks for the recipe!
Wonderful! The cornmeal in the coating really gives this chicken a crunch! Not only is the recipe suitable for diabetics, it's also low in fat which appealed to me. I doubled the recipe but otherwise followed it to the letter. Tasty and healthy! Thank you, kclay.