- Preheat oven to 450
- Combine all dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Wash your chicken and shake off excess water.
- Drop in bag and shake each piece. Place in a metal pan skin side down and put in preheated oven.
- Turn pieces over after about 20 minutes.
- Continue baking until crisp and browned.
Not bad!! I was out of "Oven Fry" coating for chicken and turned to your recipe. Now I don't have to waste my money!! Yours is economical and tasty. I added a bit more spice and some cayenne which was just right for us. Also I lightly oiled the pan and most importantly, started the chicken out meaty side down so that when you flip it for the final cooking, the skin gets really browned and crispy from the oil. Thanks Helen for the great recipe.
I made this chicken for my family and they absoluetly loved it. My husbands co-workers even want a copy of the recipe.
Just wanted to tell you I've used your recipe constantly since the first time I tried it. I've also given it to my sisters, and it's a mainstay during the week for them, too. We have convection ovens now, and the chicken comes even crispier than it did in the regular oven. Bless you!!!!