Top Review by Jaymee
Not bad!! I was out of "Oven Fry" coating for chicken and turned to your recipe. Now I don't have to waste my money!! Yours is economical and tasty. I added a bit more spice and some cayenne which was just right for us. Also I lightly oiled the pan and most importantly, started the chicken out meaty side down so that when you flip it for the final cooking, the skin gets really browned and crispy from the oil. Thanks Helen for the great recipe.
- 4 chicken parts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450
- Combine all dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Wash your chicken and shake off excess water.
- Drop in bag and shake each piece. Place in a metal pan skin side down and put in preheated oven.
- Turn pieces over after about 20 minutes.
- Continue baking until crisp and browned.