This is very delicious, and easy to make! Placing the chicken on the cooling rack is REALLY what makes it great, no need to turn them. I double the mustard/water combo, because I think this makes the chicken more moist. If they are not brown enough for you, place under broiler for a few minutes after it is baked to get a nice brown color. Also, a drizzle of melted butter before baking is a nice touch. This is from Paula Deen, hope you enjoy! I am trying to say Panko bread crumbs in the ingredients, but it will not let me. P.S. I am SO in love with Panko bread crumbs, if you have not yet tried them, please do, you will love them! : )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack over pan and spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4In a separate shallow dish, combine mustard, water, salt and pepper, to taste, and remaining olive oil.
- 5Coat each chicken breast with mustard mixture; dredge each in bread crumb mixture.
- 6Place on prepared rack in pan.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chicken from Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.0
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 1137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 83.0 g