Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very delicious, and easy to make! Placing the chicken on the cooling rack is REALLY what makes it great, no need to turn them. I double the mustard/water combo, because I think this makes the chicken more moist. If they are not brown enough for you, place under broiler for a few minutes after it is baked to get a nice brown color. Also, a drizzle of melted butter before baking is a nice touch. This is from Paula Deen, hope you enjoy! I am trying to say Panko bread crumbs in the ingredients, but it will not let me. P.S. I am SO in love with Panko bread crumbs, if you have not yet tried them, please do, you will love them! : )
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced thyme leaves
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 -inch thickness
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack over pan and spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine mustard, water, salt and pepper, to taste, and remaining olive oil.
- Coat each chicken breast with mustard mixture; dredge each in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on prepared rack in pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown.
Delicious chicken! I'm going to remember to use the rack on all the oven chicken recipes... great idea! I didn't have fresh thyme so I used dried and I also cut this down to 2 people. Will make again! Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2010.
Cooking them on the cooling rack makes all the difference in the world! This is my new quick and easy chicken recipe! Thank you!
We loved this...I used Brownwood Farms Kreme Mustard instead of dijon...otherwise
followed the recipe....great flavor and very easy.