Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great, healthier alternative to the traditional deep fried chicken fingers. Kids love them!
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (about 40 crackers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place crackers, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large zip top plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the crackers to make fine crumbs and set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise and milk in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken tenders to the bowl and mix until tenders are evenly coated.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Add about 1/4 of the tenders at a time to the bag of crumbs and shake to coat. Remove the tenders from the bag and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the tenders are coated with crumbs.
- Bake chicken until it is lightly browned and cooked through, about 15 - 20 minutes. Using spatula, remove tenders from sheet. Serve at once, either alone or with dipping sauce (such as BBQ, honey mustard, ranch dressing, etc.).
Very easy. This turned out very good. Yummy!
So easy and yummy...was told by hubby not to lose the recipe! Thank you!
This was a great alternative to fried fingers. My husband even said he prefered them this way!