Oven-Fried Chicken (Cooking Light )
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare the baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and egg whites.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, 1/2 tsp salt, black & red peppers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp salt on the chicken. Dip chicken in the buttermilk mixture, then the flour mixture.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Brown the chicken pieces (2-4 minutes each side).
- Place chicken on baking sheet and lightly spray the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.