Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from the Oct. 2006 magazine.
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare the baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and egg whites.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, 1/2 tsp salt, black & red peppers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp salt on the chicken. Dip chicken in the buttermilk mixture, then the flour mixture.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Brown the chicken pieces (2-4 minutes each side).
- Place chicken on baking sheet and lightly spray the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Great recipe, but as soon as I cut into the chicken the breading came right off. The four stars are for taste and ease of preparation.