Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods that is quick, easy, tasty, as well as healthy. It's from the April 04 issue of Southern Living. I like to use the even cook frozen chicken breasts from Sam's Club. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup round buttery cracker crumb (about 44 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine cracker crumbs and cheese in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture; dredge in cracker crumb mixture. Place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is brown and done. Garnish, if desired.
I excluded the crackers for mashed potatoe flakes since I don't have crackers. Besides that this recipe is fast, easy, and tastey! The chicken stayed moist and tender inside, while the outer layer formed a good crust. Will definately add this to my recipe book :)
This is so much like a recipe I submitted yesterday... it's so similar... it's definitely 5 stars and a chicken dish we all love including the kids (mine also has fresh parsley in the crumb and cheese mixture and fewer added seasonings/salt and pepper).
Kids loved it. Thanks!