1 hr 25 mins
Chef Mom 5's Note:
These can be frozen and baked later. Or you can bake them and after they cool, wrap each chimichanga separately in waxed paper and freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook chicken until tender; shred.
- 2Drain beans in colander and rinse thoroughly.
- 3Combine salsa and spices.
- 4Mix chicken, beans and salsa mixture in large bowl.
- 5Heat 10 tortillas in microwave until soft and pliable.
- 6Put one tortilla on a plate, put ¼ cup of the chicken/bean mixture on tortilla, about an inch from one edge. Roll one turn, fold edges in, and keep rolling to the other side. Place in 9x13 pan.
- 710 chimichangas fit in a 9x13 pan.
- 8Brush tops with oil.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- 10Serve with shredded lettuce, cheese, green onions, sour cream and salsa.
- 12Pans of chimichangas can be frozen before baking. Do not brush with oil until ready to bake.
- 13Alternately, you can bake all the chiimichangas (brush with oil first.) Let them cool, then wrap each one separately in waxed paper, put 10 or so in a gallon zip lock bag and freeze. These make great lunches! Microwave for approximately one minute.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Chicken and Black Bean Chimichangas OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 416.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 13.6 g