Recipe by Mercy
This recipe comes from the archives of Coco Casa Cream of Coconut. I have not tried it out yet, but it sounds incredible! I would be tempted to use boneless thighs and breasts and shorten the cooking time.
Top Review by KristenErinM
i was dissapointed with this recipe. the chicken was good. nice and crunchy but not much flavor. i couldn't taste the coconut at all. i think if this was marinated first it probably would have been better. the bananas were interesting- the texture of the cornflakes combined with the warm banana was pretty good. i used chicken breast tenderloins and light coconut milk. i also omitted the butter and used butter spray. if i do make this again i would marinate in the fridge for several hours in the coconut milk. thanks for the recipe. oh- the cooking time was right on.
- 6 lbs chicken, cut up into serving portions (2 chickens)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cream of coconut or 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 medium bananas, peeled and cut in half crosswise (two thick pieces, not flat)
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Season all sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Mix the coconut milk with the lemon juice.
- Dip each banana piece in the liquid and roll in the cornflake crumbs (pressly firmly to help adhere).
- Dip each chicken piece in the liquid and roll in the cornflake crumbs (pressly firmly to help adhere).
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and drizzle with half of the butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Add the bananas and drizzle them with the remaining butter.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.