Top Review by Hey Jude
This is very similar to my baked chicken but the spice mix is better! I didn't dip the chicken pieces in the butter, then into the flour, I just dredged in the seasoned flour, melted the chicken in the pan and coated them, then baked skin side down and turned after 30 minutes. They turned out wonderful and I made gravy with the leftover seasoned flour mixture. My daughter's boyfriend asked for the recipe!! Thanks Stacey (or Parrot Head Mama, whichever your name is) we liked this and will do it again!
- 3 -4 lbs cut-up fryer
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (more or less, depending on size of pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup flour (more or less, depending on size of pieces)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place flour& seasonings in large ziploc baggie.
- Dip chicken in melted butter, then place in seasoned flour bag and shake til coated well.
- Place on large baking sheet.
- Pour remaining melted butter into bottom of baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, turn pieces over, then 25-30 minutes more.