Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 -4 lbs cut-up fryer
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (more or less, depending on size of pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup flour (more or less, depending on size of pieces)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch sage
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place flour& seasonings in large ziploc baggie.
- Dip chicken in melted butter, then place in seasoned flour bag and shake til coated well.
- Place on large baking sheet.
- Pour remaining melted butter into bottom of baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, turn pieces over, then 25-30 minutes more.
This is very similar to my baked chicken but the spice mix is better! I didn't dip the chicken pieces in the butter, then into the flour, I just dredged in the seasoned flour, melted the chicken in the pan and coated them, then baked skin side down and turned after 30 minutes. They turned out wonderful and I made gravy with the leftover seasoned flour mixture. My daughter's boyfriend asked for the recipe!! Thanks Stacey (or Parrot Head Mama, whichever your name is) we liked this and will do it again!
Good chicken. I used chicken quarters and I did add more of the seasonings rather than a pinch of each. Turned out moist inside and crispy outside. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
I used drumsticks. Chiken only crisped where it was in direct contact with the pan, so there were still many areas that were just... "soggy". Taste was bland... I think a pinch is not enough, maybe 2 or three is better.