Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oven fried chicken like my mom used to make.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 broiler-fryer chickens or 2 1⁄2-3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- Melt butter in 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings in a bowl or plastic or paper bag.
- Swish chicken pieces in butter, dredge in crumb mixture, and lay in baking pan.
- Bake in hot oven (400 F) until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F, turn chicken pieces and bake 30 minutes longer or until tender.
Love this recipe, so easy. Have used with chicken breast, and pork chops. Boneless I only bake 30 minutes total.
I've made this with cracker crumbs, too. Thanks for the Aebelskiver info. Bonnie