Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Chin Deep
Make and share this Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 -9 bone-in skin-on chicken pieces
- Place oil and butter in a big jellyroll pan.
- Put in preheated 375 degree oven.
- Mix flour and seasonings in a big paper bag or mixing bowl.
- Remove pan with oil and butter in it as soon as the butter is completely melted.
- Roll chicken pieces in the butter mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Once all of the chicken pieces are coated, place them skin-down on the jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and bake for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is browned well, crispy and bubbly.
- Use pan drippings to make gravy for mashed potatoes, fries or biscuits.
- Serve chicken hot or cold.
The skin was beautifully crisp and the meat lovely and moist but unfortunately the flavours had not permeated the meat - I had a large chicken which I quartered and removed the wings from the breasts and would have to say the wings were the best part so would very must consider using this recipe to make wings, thank you Air Force Mama, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.