Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
There are many recipes here on Zaar for this dish, but I haven't found one quite like this one. We, just like all families here, are trying to watch our fat intake. This one is nice and crispy without being full of fat/grease. From meals.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk (or water)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up and skinned
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with butter.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the corn meal, flour, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Then into the corn meal mixture.
- Place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, brushing the chicken once during baking with the juices from the pan, for 45-50 min, or until juices run clear.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.