Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious and simple way to have fried chicken without all the frying!!
Make and share this Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinned (about 1 lb)
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425F.Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and egg whites in a shallow dish; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoons salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a separate shallow dish; stir well.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet; lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
I didn't have cornmeal so I did a search for what to use instead and it gave me cream of wheat as substitution. I had it so I used it. It was great. Very easy recipe. I used only chicken thighs. The skin was crispy and yummy. The chicken was falling apart from the bone. So tender. It was great. Thanks Chef mariajane :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game