Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sounds yummy..putting here for safe keeping
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice-corn crispy cereal
- 2 1⁄4 cups broken bagel chips or 1 1⁄3 cups melba toast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Set a rack on a foil lined baking sheet and spray the rack generously with cooking spray.
- Finely grind the cereal and toasts together in a food processor.
- Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag.
- Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper, and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl.
- Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly.
- Drop the chicken into the plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated.
- Place coated pieces on the prepared rack.
- Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating crisps and browns, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.