Recipe by wildheart
Delicious and lower fat.
Top Review by M. Joan
Loved this recipe! I only had 6 chicken legs, so I cut the dredging ingredients in half. For the spicy seasonings recommended, I used Fajita and Lowery seasonings. The legs were crusty as though the skin was still on, but with far fewer calories.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon spicy seasoning (if desired)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the bread crumbs and the spices and seasonings.
- Combine the egg white and the yogurt.
- Roll each chicken piece in the flour, then the yogurt, then the bread crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 oven dish with Pam.
- Place the chicken in the dish, then spray lightly with Pam.
- Bake 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, at 350 degrees, depending on altitude, until the chicken juice is not pink when chicken is pricked with fork.